This raw Brussels sprouts salad featuring shaved Brussels sprouts, toasted pecans, sweet-tart cranberries and nutty…
Vidalia Onion & Cucumber Salad
For this old-fashioned Southern cucumber salad recipe, thin slices of cucumber and onion marinate just long enough to develop a touch of tanginess without any sharp bite. Serve with sweet dishes like barbecue to lend a refreshing balance.
- 1 English cucumber (about 11 ounces)
- ½ medium sweet onion, preferably Vidalia
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Step 1 Using a vegetable peeler, shave off alternating strips of cucumber to create a striped effect. Thinly slice the cucumber and place in a bowl.
- Step 2 Cut the onion very thinly crosswise with a knife or mandoline. Add to the cucumber. Drizzle with vinegar. Add dill, salt and pepper and gently stir to combine. Let stand for 15 minutes to briefly marinate. Gently stir again before serving.
Serving Size: 1/2 Cup Per Serving:12 calories; protein 0.7g 2% DV; carbohydrates 2.7g 1% DV; exchange other carbs; dietary fiber 0.9g 3% DV; sugars 1.2g; fatg; saturated fatg; cholesterolmg; vitamin a iu 120.7IU 2% DV; vitamin c 4.5mg 8% DV; folate 3.5mcg 1% DV; calcium 15.5mg 2% DV; iron 0.3mg 1% DV; magnesium 2.1mg 1% DV; potassium 101.6mg 3% DV; sodium 184.1mg 7% DV.Exchanges:
Lite and refreshing