Turkey Sandwiches with Cranberry Sauce
- 1 loaf French bread
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 8 ounces sliced deli turkey meat
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 8 slices precooked bacon
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons jellied cranberry sauce
- 8 slices fresh tomatoes
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Step 1 Preheat the oven broiler.
- Step 2 Cut the bread into four pieces, and split lengthwise almost all the way through for four sandwiches. Spread margarine on the inside of each piece. Place on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Step 3 Toast bread under preheated broiler until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove pan from the oven.
- Step 4 Layer 4 pieces of bread with 2 slices each of the turkey, cheese, and bacon. Remove the remaining 4 slices of bread from the baking sheet and reserve for sandwich tops. Cool bread slightly, and spread mayonnaise onto the cut side of each of the 4 top slices.
- Step 5 Place the bread with turkey and cheese under the broiler just until the cheese melts, about 1 minute. Remove from the broiler, and spread 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce over each sandwich. Layer with the tomatoes and lettuce. Place a top bread slice over each half, and serve.
Substitute leftover sliced Thanksgiving turkey for the deli variety to give this sandwich even more seasonal flavor.
Protein: 49.5g99 %Carbohydrates: 70.1g23 %Dietary Fiber: 3.7g15 %Fat: 65.8g101 %Saturated Fat: 22.6g113 %Cholesterol: 128.1mg43 %Vitamin A Iu: 1539.5IU31 %Niacin Equivalents: 10.2mg79 %Vitamin B6: 0.3mg17 %Vitamin C: 7.6mg13 %Folate: 145.1mcg36 %Calcium: 622.4mg62 %Iron: 5.9mg33 %Magnesium: 69.3mg25 %Potassium: 499.8mg14 %Sodium: 3321.8mg133 %Thiamin: 0.3mg