Tarragon Tuna Salad
This is a tuna sandwich you would expect from a high-end sandwich shop. It is light, fresh and full of flavor. You must try this!By MARIA BUJAK
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon minced lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can solid white tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
- 8 (1 ounce) slices white or whole wheat bread
- 8 thin slices red tomato (Optional)
- 4 (1 ounce) slices provolone cheese (Optional)
- Step 1Whisk together mayonnaise, parsley, chives, tarragon, lemon zest, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and pepper in a bowl until well combined. Gently stir in the flaked tuna, cover, and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Step 2Spread tuna evenly over four of the bread slices. Top with tomatoes, and cheese if using, then top with remaining bread slices.
Per Serving: 485 calories; protein 33.5g; carbohydrates 31.1g; fat 24.7g; cholesterol 51.7mg; sodium 814.5mg.