Spicy Tuna Fish Sandwich
Quick Link to Healthy Eating Recipes : Breakfast | Dinner | Salad | Snack | Smoothies | Lunch | Low Fat | Quick Bites | Vegetarian | Vegan | Sauces | Kids Recipes | Desserts | Pancakes | Pizza | Salad Dressings | Cookies | Sandwiches
Visit us on Facebook : Tropical fish cafe please like, or join Tropical Fish Cafe Group if you are a foodie and into health and fitness.
This spicy tuna fish sandwich is similar to the classic tuna fish salad but with a kick. My boyfriend made this when we were out of relish and decided to substitute with jalapenos. It was awesome! I added the relish back in to give it a sweetness along with the spiciness.
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna, drained
- ¼ cup Cheddar cheese crumbles (Optional)
- 8 slices jarred jalapeno pepper, diced, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (Optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices bread, toasted
- Step 1 Stir tuna, Cheddar cheese, diced jalapeno, mayonnaise, relish, lemon juice, and pepper together in a bowl. Spread tuna mixture on a slice of toast and top with remaining slice to make a sandwich.
You can eat the tuna on bread, toast, or cook it like a grilled cheese sandwich to make a tuna melt.
Protein: 27.5g55 %Carbohydrates: 27.8g9 %Dietary Fiber: 1.5g6 %Fat: 10.6g16 %Saturated Fat: 3.1g16 %Cholesterol: 36.5mg12 %Vitamin A Iu: 332.2IU7 %Niacin Equivalents: 18.6mg143 %Vitamin B6: 0.4mg25 %Vitamin C: 2.6mg4 %Folate: 62.4mcg16 %Calcium: 148.1mg15 %Iron: 3.5mg19 %Magnesium: 38.7mg14 %Potassium: 282.3mg8 %Sodium: 637.2mg26 %Thiamin: 0.2mg