This spicy tuna fish sandwich is similar to the classic tuna fish salad but with…
Spicy Tuna Fish Sandwich
This is similar to classic tuna fish salad but with a kick. My boyfriend made this when we were out of relish and decided to substitute with jalapenos. It was awesome! I added the relish back in to give it a sweetness along with the spiciness.By Catherine Brown Strachan
Decrease Serving4Increase ServingAdjustOriginal recipe yields 4 servingsIngredient Checklist
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna, drained
- ¼ cup Cheddar cheese crumbles (Optional)
- 8 slices jarred jalapeno pepper, diced, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (Optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices bread, toasted
- Step 1 Stir tuna, Cheddar cheese, diced jalapeno, mayonnaise, relish, lemon juice, and pepper together in a bowl. Spread tuna mixture on a slice of toast and top with remaining slice to make a sandwich.
You can eat the tuna on bread, toast, or cook it like a grilled cheese sandwich to make a tuna melt.
Per Serving: 322 calories; protein 27.5g; carbohydrates 27.8g; fat 10.6g; cholesterol 36.5mg; sodium 637.2mg.