Snap Pea Salad with Lemon and Feta
Fresh greens, lemony vinaigrette, briny feta, and crisp radishes and pea pods all come together in this side salad that you’ll want at every meal. We love Meyer lemons in this salad, but any variety will do.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Meyer lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ bulb 1/2 of a medium fennel bulb, leafy fronds reserved
- 2 cups sugar snap pea pods, trimmed and halved diagonally
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 4 eaches radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 Meyer lemon, thinly sliced
- Step 1 For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Step 2 Trim, halve, core and thinly slice fennel bulb. In a large bowl combine sliced fennel, snap peas, arugula and radishes. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
- Step 3 Top servings with cheese and fennel fronds and serve with lemon slices.
Serving Size: 1 CupPer Serving:108 calories; protein 3.8g 8% DV; carbohydrates 8.6g 3% DV; exchange other carbs 0.5; dietary fiber 3.2g 13% DV; sugars 3.9g; fat 7.8g 12% DV; saturated fat 2.8g 14% DV; cholesterol 12.6mg 4% DV; vitamin a iu 811.6IU 16% DV; vitamin c 46.1mg 77% DV; folate 32.4mcg 8% DV; calcium 123.9mg 12% DV; iron 1.3mg 7% DV; magnesium 21.6mg 8% DV; potassium 265.8mg 7% DV; sodium 199.9mg 8% DV.Exchanges:
1 1/2 Fat, 1 Vegetable