Jalapeño chile peppers add a pleasant spice to this chilled corn salad. If you like…
Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
This raw Brussels sprouts salad featuring shaved Brussels sprouts, toasted pecans, sweet-tart cranberries and nutty Parmesan cheese is tossed with a light and lemony vinaigrette. You can shave the Brussels sprouts using a chef’s knife–or use the slicing attachment of your food processor to make it even easier. This quick and easy recipe is perfect for fall or anytime you have crisp, fresh Brussels sprouts on hand.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
- Step 1Cut Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise and thinly slice crosswise to the core; discard core. (Alternatively, shred whole, trimmed Brussels sprouts in a food processor with a slicing blade attachment.)
- Step 2 Whisk oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the shredded Brussels sprouts, pecans, Parmesan and cranberries; toss to coat.
Serving Size: 1 CupPer Serving:245 calories; protein 6.4g 13% DV; carbohydrates 15.9g 5% DV; exchange other carbs 1; dietary fiber 4.3g 17% DV; sugars 8.6g; fat 18.9g 29% DV; saturated fat 3.4g 17% DV; cholesterol 2.7mg 1% DV; vitamin a iu 680.1IU 14% DV; vitamin c 67.3mg 112% DV; folate 49.7mcg 12% DV; calcium 139.9mg 14% DV; iron 1.3mg 7% DV; magnesium 29.4mg 11% DV; potassium 344.8mg 10% DV; sodium 349.9mg 14% DV; thiamin 0.2mg 17% DV; added sugar 5g.Exchanges:
2 1/2 Fat, 1 1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fruit, 1/2 High-Fat Protein