No cooking involved in this recipe for homemade ice cream using just cream, sugar, and…
Rose Ice Cream
Go on, indulge yourself with this exotic combination of rose and saffron. Serve this ice cream for dessert to your guests next time you host a party and wow them! Cashews and almonds also go well with this ice cream
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 tablespoons warm milk
- 1 ½ quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 ½ tablespoons rose syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ cup chopped pistachio nuts
- Step 1 Add the saffron to the warm milk and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Step 2 Combine the softened ice cream, saffron with milk, rose syrup, cardamom, and pistachios in a large bowl. Stir until the ice cream is smooth and pink in color. Scoop the ice cream back into the container and freeze 2 hours, or until ready to eat.
For the rose syrup I used Rooh Afza, a very famous rose syrup made in India. Rooh Afza is usually had with cold water or milk or added to desserts. You can pick it up from any Indian grocery store.
If you want to enhance the pistachio flavor toast the nuts on a baking sheet in a 350 degree F oven for 5 to 10 minutes until they are slightly brown.
Per Serving: 230 calories; protein 4.3g; carbohydrates 26.6g; fat 12.7g; cholesterol 43.6mg; sodium 99.6mg.