Prepare a week's worth of lunches in about 10 minutes using a handful of ingredients…
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Goat Cheese Pomegranate
This gorgeous warm salad with nutty roasted Brussels sprouts, sweet-tart pomegranate seeds and creamy goat cheese is perfect for any winter meal–from a weeknight dinner to Christmas dinner or any other holiday celebration. The recipe is easily doubled if you are entertaining a crowd: just be sure to spread the sprouts out (use 2 pans if necessary) so they roast instead of steaming.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 ½ teaspoons 2-3 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss Brussels sprouts with shallot, oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Step 2 Roast the Brussels sprouts until tender, 20 to 22 minutes. Return to the bowl and toss with vinegar to taste. Sprinkle with goat cheese and pomegranate seeds.
Serving Size: 3/4 CupPer Serving:117 calories; protein 5.8g 12% DV; carbohydrates 13.6g 4% DV; exchange other carbs 1; dietary fiber 4.8g 19% DV; sugars 4.5g; fat 5.7g 9% DV; saturated fat 1.8g 9% DV; cholesterol 4.1mg 1% DV; vitamin a iu 1006.8IU 20% DV; vitamin c 97.9mg 163% DV; folate 76.1mcg 19% DV; calcium 64.4mg 6% DV; iron 1.9mg 11% DV; magnesium 30.4mg 11% DV; potassium 490.8mg 14% DV; sodium 216mg 9% DV; thiamin 0.2mg 17% DV.Exchanges:
2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat, 1/2 Medium-Fat Protein