Avocado adds a creamy texture to this Greek-inspired salad. It's perfect for a healthy lunch…
Roasted Bell Pepper Salad with Mozzarella & Basil
Sweet peppers like red, orange and yellow bells stand in for tomatoes in this caprese-style salad and pair deliciously with the fresh mozzarella and acidic balsamic drizzle. Try green bell peppers if you prefer less sweetness. This easy, healthy recipe takes just 20 minutes to make.
- 4 medium sweet bell peppers, quartered and seeded
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, torn
- 3 tablespoons torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- Step 1 Preheat broiler to high.
- Step 2 Broil peppers, turning once, until soft and charred in spots, about 10 minutes.
- Step 3 Arrange the peppers on a serving platter and top with mozzarella, basil, oil, balsamic glaze, salt and pepper.
Serving Size: 1 CupPer Serving:166 calories; protein 6.3g 13% DV; carbohydrates 9.4g 3% DV; exchange other carbs 0.5; dietary fiber 1.1g 5% DV; sugars 4.7g; fat 12.5g 19% DV; saturated fat 4.8g 24% DV; cholesterol 7mg 2% DV; vitamin a iu 543.2IU 11% DV; vitamin c 218.7mg 365% DV; folate 32.3mcg 8% DV; calcium 116.9mg 12% DV; iron 0.6mg 3% DV; magnesium 15.7mg 6% DV; potassium 259.1mg 7% DV; sodium 307.5mg 12% DV.Exchanges:
2 Vegetable, 1 Fat, 1 Medium-Fat Protein
A great way to use up old veg.