These sandwiches are a simple, but impressive, combination of flavors perfect for after-school snacking or…
Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake
This decadent, moist Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake features a creamy pumpkin-spiced custard atop a shortbread-like crust. The cake mix is a convenient shortcut for making the buttery crust. Serve with whipped cream.
- 15 ounces 1 15-ounce package natural yellow cake mix
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 8 tablespoons melted butter (1 stick), divided
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Step 2 Beat cake mix, 1 egg, 4 tablespoons melted butter and oil in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. The mixture will be crumbly. Pat the crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Step 3 Wipe out the large bowl. Add pumpkin, cream cheese, brown sugar, the remaining 2 eggs, the remaining 4 tablespoons melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla; beat with the electric mixer until smooth. Spread the pumpkin mixture evenly over the crumb mixture. Bake until mostly set but still a bit wiggly in the center, 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool for at least 30 minutes. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
To make ahead: Refrigerate cake for up to 2 days.
Serving Size: 1 PiecePer Serving:276 calories; protein 4.4g 9% DV; carbohydrates 35.9g 12% DV; dietary fiber 1.7g 7% DV; sugars 21.8g; fat 13.3g 20% DV; saturated fat 5.9g 29% DV; cholesterol 61.7mg 21% DV; vitamin a iu 4739.4IU 95% DV; vitamin c 2.6mg 4% DV; folate 11.4mcg 3% DV; calcium 45.3mg 5% DV; iron 1.2mg 7% DV; magnesium 10.1mg 4% DV; potassium 122.8mg 3% DV; sodium 72.9mg 3% DV; thiaminmg 2% DV; added sugar 20g.Exchanges: