Picnic Potato Salad with No Mayonnaise
This is a great potato salad if you’re looking for one without mayonnaise.By It’s A New Day
- 2 pounds small new potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Step 1 Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with lightly salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 10 to 15 minutes; drain.
- Step 2 Whisk vinegar, olive oil, mustard, basil, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl; add the potatoes and onion. Toss gently to coat. Let stand until cool, about 30 minutes.
- Step 3 Fold blue cheese and chives into potato salad until blended.
Picnic salads, with or without mayonnaise, should be kept refrigerated or in a cooler. For food safety reasons, always refrigerate potato salads after 2 hours at room temperature, or 1 hour on hot days–at or above 90 degrees F (32 degrees C).
Per Serving: 272 calories; protein 6.9g; carbohydrates 29.5g; fat 14.4g; cholesterol 12.7mg; sodium 502.7mg.