How To Make Oatmeal and Almond Protein Pancakes
Jump To Healthy Eating Recipes : Breakfast | Dinner | Salad | Snack | Smoothies | Lunch | Low Fat | Quick Bites | Vegetarian | Vegan | Sauces | Kids Recipes | Desserts | Pancakes | Pizza | Salad Dressings | Sandwiches | Vegetable Salads | Energy Bars | Ice Cream | Coffee
Depending on the type of protein powder you
pick, you might need to reduce the amount of liquid in this protein pancake recipe. Whey-protein pancakes need less liquid than those made with soy, hemp or pea protein. Serve with yogurt and a DIY fruit sauce (warmed frozen berries with a pinch of sugar).
- ½ cup unflavored protein powder
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup oat flour (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eaches large eggs
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Step 1 Combine protein powder, almond meal, oat flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a blender; pulse until fully mixed. Add eggs, buttermilk (reduce to 1/2 cup if using whey protein), oil and vanilla; pulse, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed, until combined. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Step 2 Coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Step 3 Make about 3 pancakes at a time, using 1/4 cup batter per pancake; reduce the heat to medium. Cook until the edges are dry, 1 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, 1 to 3 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining batter, using more cooking spray and reducing the heat as needed. Serve warm.
Oat flour is made from finely milled whole oats. It’s a good source of dietary fiber and whole grains. Try it in place of a portion of other flour in recipes like pancakes, quick breads and muffins. Look for it with other whole-grain flours or near gluten-free flours. Or make your own, grind old-fashioned rolled oats in a blender or food processor until they are the texture of flour.
Serving Size: 2 (3-Inch) Pancakes Per Serving:334.3 calories; protein 19.7g 40% DV; carbohydrates 22.9g 7% DV; exchange other carbs 1.5; dietary fiber 3.9g 16% DV; sugars 6.2g; fat 18.6g 29% DV; saturated fat 2.3g 12% DV; cholesterol 94.8mg 32% DV; vitamin a iu 158.5IU 3% DV; vitamin c 0.5mg 1% DV; folate 14.1mcg 4% DV; calcium 261.1mg 26% DV; iron 10mg 56% DV; magnesium 56.1mg 20% DV; potassium 220.4mg 6% DV; sodium 595.9mg 24% DV; thiamin 1.4mg 137% DV; added sugar 3g.Exchanges:
1 Starch, 1 1/2 Lean Meat, 1/2 Medium-Fat Meat, 3 Fat
LIGE 2023 New Smart Watch Men Full Touch Screen Sport Fitness Watch IP67 Waterproof Bluetooth For Android ios smartwatch Men+box – AliExpress – Color : Black – Ships From : SPAINbuy product
【New Medical Electrotherapy】 ECG Smart Watch for Men Blood Glucose Blood Pressure Body Temperature Healthy Smartwatch Women 2023 – AliExpress – Color : Blue – Ships From : China – Size : Lbuy product
【New Medical Electrotherapy】 ECG Smart Watch for Men Blood Glucose Blood Pressure Body Temperature Healthy Smartwatch Women 2023 – AliExpress – Color : Black – Ships From : China – Size : Lbuy product