This cocktail from Lexis' Clean Kitchen is ideal for entertaining and features the freshest seasonal…
Mixed Greens with Lentils & Sliced Apple
This salad with lentils, feta and apple is a satisfying vegetarian entree to whip together for lunch. To save time, swap in drained canned lentils–just make sure to look for low-sodium and give them a rinse before adding them to the salad.
- 1 ½ cups mixed salad greens
- ½ cup cooked lentils
- 1 apple, cored and sliced, divided
- 1 ½ tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Step 1 Top greens with lentils, about half the apple slices and the feta. Drizzle with vinegar and oil. Serve with the remaining apple slices on the side.
Serving Size: 3 1/2 CupsPer Serving:347.1 calories; protein 12.7g 26% DV; carbohydrates 48.1g 16% DV; exchange other carbs 3; dietary fiber 14g 56% DV; sugars 21.8g; fat 13.2g 20% DV; saturated fat 3.5g 18% DV; cholesterol 12.5mg 4% DV; vitamin a iu 2408.7IU 48% DV; vitamin c 23.2mg 39% DV; folate 284.5mcg 71% DV; calcium 145.2mg 15% DV; iron 4.8mg 26% DV; magnesium 67.8mg 24% DV; potassium 835.9mg 23% DV; sodium 154.9mg 6% DV; thiamin 0.3mg 28% DV.Exchanges:
2 Fat, 1 1/2 Fruit, 1 Lean Protein, 1 Starch, 1/2 High-Fat Protein, 1/2 Vegetable