Marinated Cherry Tomato Salad
In this easy cherry tomato salad, the fresh herbs and bright dressing highlight the natural sweetness of the summery tomatoes. Elevate the look of this easy salad by using multicoloured tomatoes if you can find them.
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Step 1 Whisk vinegar, shallot, honey, salt, pepper and mustard in a medium bowl. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in oil until fully incorporated. Fold in tomatoes, basil and mint. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until the flavours meld, about 15 minutes. Serve at room temperature.
Serving Size: 1 CupPer Serving:103 calories; protein 1.5g 3% DV; carbohydrates 9.3g 3% DV; exchange other carbs 0.5; dietary fiber 2g 8% DV; sugars 6.6g; fat 7.1g 11% DV; saturated fat 1g 5% DV; vitamin a iu 1365.2IU 27% DV; vitamin c 20.9mg 35% DV; folate 25.2mcg 6% DV; calcium 23.6mg 2% DV; iron 0.8mg 4% DV; magnesium 19.7mg 7% DV; potassium 385mg 11% DV; sodium 316mg 13% DV; added sugar 1.5g.