MARASCHINO CHERRY ICE CREAM
Maraschino Cherry Ice Cream is a deliciously creamy cherry ice cream and does not require making a custard. Just chill your ingredients before freezing in your ice cream maker and you will soon be enjoying your new favorite dessert.Prep Time4 hrsCook Time20 minsFreezing4 hrsTotal Time8 hrs 20 minsCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanKeyword: Cherry Ice Cream, Maraschino Cherry Ice Cream Servings: 8 Calories: 395kcal
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 tsps vanilla extract
- juice from two (8 oz) or one (16 oz) jar(s) of maraschino cherries, cold
- 1 cup chopped maraschino cherries, chilled
- Add all ingredients, except the chopped cherries, to a large bowl and place in the refrigerator until very cold (at least four hours).
- Pour chilled ingredients into the bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers directions. Add chilled chopped cherries the last couple minutes of freezing.
- https://18f218fca95c54005d4cd68a15c8520a.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.htmlAdd ice cream to a container and freeze in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Serve in cones or bowls.
When it comes to heavy cream, look for one with a very high fat percentage, like 36%. This helps the ice cream freeze better, otherwise it is more of a soft serve consistency. This is very important when it comes to making ice cream that is not custard based.