Lime-Ginger Chicken Kebabs with Peanut Sauce
Quick Link to Healthy Eating Recipes : Breakfast | Dinner | Salad | Snack | Smoothies | Lunch | Low Fat | Quick Bites | Vegetarian | Vegan | Sauces | Kids Recipes | Desserts
Visit us on Facebook : Tropical fish cafe please like, or join Tropical Fish Cafe Group if you are a foodie and into health and fitness.
These chicken thighs are flavourful, moist, and very easy to make. And when dipped into an Asian-inspired peanut sauce, just wait for the m-m-m-m-m’s to begin. I like to serve this with Cucumber Slices with Dill (a recipe on this site) and white rice.
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 tablespoon warm water, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
- 4 wedge (blank)s lime wedges
- Step 1 Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks, and sprinkle with salt.
- Step 2 Stir mayonnaise, lime zest, ginger, salt, and pepper for the marinade in a bowl until smooth. Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag, add marinade, seal, and massage the bag until all the chicken pieces are coated. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours, or up to overnight.
- Step 3 Soak 6-inch wooden skewers in a bowl of water for at least 30 minutes.
- Step 4 Whisk peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, ginger, and sambal oelek together in a bowl. Slowly whisk in small amounts of warm water until dipping sauce reaches the desired consistency; set aside.
- Step 5 Heat the grill to medium-high and oil the grate.
- Step 6 Remove chicken from the marinade and thread chicken onto the skewers; discard marinade.
- Step 7 Place skewers on the hot grill and cook until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear, 10 to 12 minutes, lowering the heat if chicken is browning too fast. Turn skewers as often as necessary for even browning, and to keep the chicken from burning.
- Step 8 Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with fresh lime wedges and peanut sauce for dipping.
Per Serving:645 calories; protein 37.6g 75% DV; carbohydrates 14.2g 5% DV; fat 50.1g 77% DV; cholesterol 115.4mg 39% DV; sodium 1345mg 54% DV. Full Nutrition