This gorgeous warm salad with nutty roasted Brussels sprouts, sweet-tart pomegranate seeds and creamy goat…
Grilled Vegetable Salads with Goat Cheese
Prepare a week’s worth of lunches in about 10 minutes using a handful of ingredients from your local specialty grocery store. To save time, we’re using a bag of frozen grilled and marinated vegetables, then adding big flavour with marinated goat cheese. If you want to bump up the protein, leftover chicken breast or salmon pair perfectly with this hearty salad.
- 1 (10 ounce) package Tuscan kale
- 4 ounces marinated or herb-coated goat cheese
- ¼ cup unsalted roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup balsamic & fig dressing
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen marinated grilled vegetables
- Step 1 Divide kale among 4 single-serving lidded containers. Top each with 1 ounce goat cheese and 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds. Seal the containers and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- Step 2 Transfer 2 tablespoons dressing into each of 4 small lidded containers and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- Step 3 The evening before taking your lunch to go, transfer one-fourth of the grilled vegetables (about 1 cup) to one of the meal-prep containers (the frozen vegetables will be thawed and ready to eat by lunchtime). Top the salad with dressing just before serving.
To make ahead: Refrigerate salads and dressing separately for up to 4 days. Add the grilled vegetables the night before serving.
Serving Size: 1 Salad & 2 Tbsp. Dressing EachPer Serving:347 calories; protein 8.8g 18% DV; carbohydrates 22.7g 7% DV; exchange other carbs 1.5; dietary fiber 4.4g 18% DV; sugars 8.2g; fat 26g 40% DV; saturated fat 4.4g 22% DV; vitamin a iu 11686IU 234% DV; vitamin c 156.1mg 260% DV; folate 19mcg 5% DV; calcium 372.6mg 37% DV; iron 1.8mg 10% DV; magnesium 10.3mg 4% DV; potassium 407.3mg 11% DV; sodium 391.4mg 16% DV; thiaminmg 1% DV; added sugar 5g.Exchanges:
5 1/2 Fat, 2 Vegetable, 1/2 Medium-Fat Protein