This strange-sounding sandwich combines a variety of interesting ingredients into one unexpectedly delicious sandwich. Kids…
Grilled Peanut Butter Apple Sandwiches
These sandwiches are a simple, but impressive, combination of flavors perfect for after-school snacking or a quick lunch. Great with a glass of cold milk!By Jacob Larson
- 1 Gala apple, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- Step 1 Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl. Spread one tablespoon of peanut butter onto one side of 8 slices of bread.
- Step 2 Arrange apple slices on 4 slices of bread. Sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar mixture evenly over the apples. Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread, peanut butter face down.
- Step 3 Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry sandwiches until browned, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
Per Serving: 444 calories; protein 12.7g; carbohydrates 36.6g; fat 29.9g; cholesterol 30.5mg; sodium 420.2mg.