Grilled Chicken Salad Sandwich
This is a great way to use leftover grilled chicken breasts from dinner the night before. I like it on wheat. My husband likes it on sourdough.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon celery salt
- 4 cups chopped leftover grilled chicken
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- ½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- ⅔ cup salted cashews
- 8 slices bread, toasted
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 large red leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- Step 1 Whisk together 1 cup of mayonnaise, pepper, garlic powder, and celery salt until combined. Combine the chicken, celery, cranberries, and cashews in a large bowl. Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the chicken mixture and stir until evenly combined.
- Step 2 Spread 1/2 tablespoon of mayonnaise on each slice of toasted bread. Divide the chicken salad between four of the slices of toast; top each with a lettuce leaf and a slice of tomato. Complete each sandwich with the remaining toast slices.
Protein: 46.9g94 %Carbohydrates: 50g16 %Dietary Fiber: 3.7g15 %Fat: 77.4g119 %Saturated Fat: 13.6g68 %Cholesterol: 131.1mg44 %Vitamin A Iu: 1426.2IU29 %Niacin Equivalents: 22.9mg176 %Vitamin B6: 1mg60 %Vitamin C: 6mg10 %Folate: 101.2mcg25 %Calcium: 132.2mg13 %Iron: 5mg28 %Magnesium: 112.3mg40 %Potassium: 627.1mg18 %Sodium: 1048.2mg42 %Thiamin: 0.3mg
By Erin Noel