Greek Salad with Avocado
Quick Link to Healthy Eating Recipes : Breakfast | Dinner | Salad | Snack | Smoothies | Lunch | Low Fat | Quick Bites | Vegetarian | Vegan | Sauces | Kids Recipes | Desserts
Visit us on Facebook : Tropical fish cafe please like, or join Tropical Fish Cafe Group if you are a foodie and into health and fitness.
Avocado adds a creamy texture to this Greek-inspired salad. It’s perfect for a healthy lunch or dinner and is ready in only 20 minutes. Enjoy it on its own, serve it alongside grilled steak or burgers, or top it off with slices of grilled chicken to make it a meal.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, diced (3/4-inch)
- 1 ½ cups diced cucumber (3/4-inch)
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup diced feta cheese
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives
- Step 1 Whisk oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, onion, feta and olives; gently toss to coat.
Serving Size: 1 CupPer Serving:233.8 calories; protein 4.4g 9% DV; carbohydrates 10g 3% DV; exchange other carbs 0.5; dietary fiber 4g 16% DV; sugars 4g; fat 20.5g 32% DV; saturated fat 5g 25% DV; cholesterol 16.7mg 6% DV; vitamin a iu 686.2IU 14% DV; vitamin c 14.5mg 24% DV; folate 57.4mcg 14% DV; calcium 123.1mg 12% DV; iron 0.9mg 5% DV; magnesium 29.9mg 11% DV; potassium 437.4mg 12% DV; sodium 383.3mg 15% DV; thiamin 0.1mg 10% DV.