Tasty Diabetic-Friendly Apple Muffins
Jump To Healthy Eating Recipes : Breakfast | Dinner | Salad | Snack | Smoothies | Lunch | Low Fat | Quick Bites | Vegetarian | Vegan | Sauces | Kids Recipes | Desserts | Pancakes | Pizza | Salad Dressings | Sandwiches | Vegetable Salads | Energy Bars | Ice Cream | Coffee
Healthier ways of eating are becoming more and more popular, and one of them is adding diabetic oatmeal muffins to your diet. Healthy snacks like these don’t sound very appealing, but we assure you, this recipe has great flavor and texture. It’s made with healthy and delicious ingredients like whole wheat flour, plant-based milk, raisins, applesauce, and spices.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon stevia sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅔ cup skim milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 1 cup minced apple
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Prepare 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Step 2 Mix flour, baking powder, stevia, cinnamon, sea salt, and nutmeg together in a large bowl. Beat skim milk, egg, and margarine together in a separate bowl; add to flour mixture and stir just until the dry mixture is moistened. Gently fold minced apple through the batter. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Step 3 Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned on the tops, about 25 minutes.
Per Serving: 98 calories; protein 2.8g; carbohydrates 16.6g; fat 2.5g; cholesterol 15.8mg; sodium 215.7mg.
Up to 40%
Make the day special with our collection of discounted products.