This is a great skinless, chicken breast recipe that can be served over salad greens…
Diabetic-Friendly Apple Muffins
Just want to help diabetics.By nina myers
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon stevia sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅔ cup skim milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 1 cup minced apple
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Prepare 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Step 2 Mix flour, baking powder, stevia, cinnamon, sea salt, and nutmeg together in a large bowl. Beat skim milk, egg, and margarine together in a separate bowl; add to flour mixture and stir just until the dry mixture is moistened. Gently fold minced apple through the batter. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Step 3 Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned on the tops, about 25 minutes.
Per Serving: 98 calories; protein 2.8g; carbohydrates 16.6g; fat 2.5g; cholesterol 15.8mg; sodium 215.7mg.