It's just a straightforward and quick old-school tuna egg sandwich. These are what my grandparents…
Crunchy Curry Tuna Sandwich
An easy tuna sandwich with a crunch and a twist.By Yi Wang
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch white sugar, or to taste
- 1 pinch garlic powder, or to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 4 slices bread
- Step 1 Mix tuna, mayonnaise, peanuts, raisins, and celery in a bowl. Season with curry powder, salt, black pepper, sugar, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Stir in onion and green onions. Serve on sliced bread.
Top with tomato and cheese and grill until the cheese melts for another serving option.
Per Serving: 353 calories; protein 22.9g; carbohydrates 39.2g; fat 12.2g; cholesterol 21.5mg; sodium 575.9mg.