Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs put the crunch into your French toast.By Kikkoman 3 large eggs 1 ¼…
Creme Brulee French Toast
Very rich French toast – can be made ahead of time.By SANDIPANTS
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 6 (1-inch thick) slices French bread
- 5 eggs
- 1 ½ cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon brandy-based orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier®)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Step 1 Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Mix in brown sugar and corn syrup, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Pour into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Step 2 Remove crusts from bread, and arrange in the baking dish in a single layer. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, vanilla extract, orange brandy, and salt. Pour over the bread. Cover, and chill at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Step 3 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove the dish from the refrigerator, and bring to room temperature.
- Step 4 Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until puffed and lightly browned.
Per Serving: 510 calories; protein 10.2g; carbohydrates 58.7g; fat 26.9g; cholesterol 218.1mg; sodium 359.2mg.