Ingredients 1 Cup whole milk 3/4 Cup brown sugar pinch of salt 2 Cups heavy cream 1 Tablespoon vanilla Instructions In the bowl of…
Coconut Lime Ice Cream Recipe
This recipe is fast, refreshing, and delicious! NOTE: You’ll want to halve this recipe if you are using a Cuisinart or similar 1-1/2 automatic ice cream maker as I do. By Buns
- 2 (14-ounce) cans of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half, chilled
- 5 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 mangoes – peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- Step 1 Whisk coconut milk, sugar, half-and-half, lime juice, lime zest, and salt together in a bowl until sugar dissolves. Transfer the coconut mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions until it reaches a ‘soft-serve’ consistency.
- Step 2 Transfer ice cream to a lidded plastic container; cover the surface with plastic wrap and seal. For best results, ice cream should ripen in the freezer for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Step 3 Scoop ice cream into stemmed glasses or bowls. Garnish with mango and lime slices.
Taste test before placing it in the machine, so you’ll have an idea if the recipe needs more lime or sugar to suit your taste. I often substitute half and a half for 2% milk or vanilla soy milk. I have even used canned evaporated milk (chilled) – NOT the non-fat version. The less fat, of course, the more icy the resulting product will be. Lemon would probably work equally well, in place of lime.
Per Serving: 371 calories; protein 3.2g; carbohydrates 40.4g; fat 24.5g; cholesterol 11.2mg; sodium 26.3mg.
Frozen bananas and sweet dates make for a healthy, creamy Chocolate Breakfast Ice Cream you’ll love eating this! Ingredients 3 medium ripe bananas (about 3 cups/15 oz/426 g) ½ cup (2½ oz/71 g) Medjool…
Legend has it… Legend has all sorts of fanciful stories about Marco Polo bringing ice cream from China and Catherine de’ Medici introducing it to France and King Charles I…