Chopped Chicken & Sweet Potato Salad
Quick Link to Healthy Eating Recipes : Breakfast | Dinner | Salad | Snack | Smoothies | Lunch | Low Fat | Quick Bites | Vegetarian | Vegan | Sauces | Kids Recipes | Desserts | Pizza | Salad Dressings
Visit us on Facebook : Tropical fish cafe please like, or join Tropical Fish Cafe Group if you are a foodie and into health and fitness.
This easy chopped chicken & sweet potato salad recipe allows for a wonderful use of leftover cooked chicken. Look for escarole in the produce section near the leafy greens; if you can’t find it, you can use romaine instead.
- 3 cups coarsely chopped escarole or romaine lettuce
- ½ cup cooked diced sweet potato
- 3 ounces shredded cooked chicken
- ¼ cup sliced apple
- 2 tablespoons apple-cider vinaigrette (see Tip)
- ¼ cup chopped avocado
- 2 tablespoons roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- ½ ounce low-fat Cheddar cheese, cubed
- Step 1Toss escarole (or romaine), sweet potato, chicken, and apple with vinaigrette; place on a 9-inch plate.
- Step 2Top with avocado, sunflower seeds, and Cheddar.
Tip: To make a quick apple-cider vinaigrette, whisk 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar with 1/8 tsp. each salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil until blended. Extra dressing will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Bring to room temperature before using.
Serving Size: 4 CupsPer Serving:542 calories; protein 36.5g 73% DV; carbohydrates 31.8g 10% DV; exchange other carbs 2; dietary fiber 10g 40% DV; sugars 8.5g; fat 31.5g 49% DV; saturated fat 5.1g 25% DV; cholesterol 75.3mg 25% DV; vitamin a iu 21836.5IU 437% DV; vitamin c 12.6mg 21% DV; folate 273.3mcg 68% DV; calcium 156.5mg 16% DV; iron 3.7mg 20% DV; magnesium 96.6mg 35% DV; potassium 1152.8mg 32% DV; sodium 383.6mg 15% DV.
A zestier version ...
A very easy, r...
Jalapeño chile pep...
I didn't have ...
This gorgeous warm...
A wonderful thick ...