This is a great variation on snow ice cream.By ByMarce Ingredients 2 cups milk1 cup confectioners'…
The chocolate will stiffen if it gets cold, so enjoy it while it’s still warm. Skewer and dip anything you like–pear slices, dried apricots, even marshmallows.
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon brewed espresso
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Pinch of salt
- 1 banana, peeled and cut into 8 pieces
- 8 ounces 8 1-inch chunks fresh pineapple
- 4 eaches strawberries
- Step 1 Place chocolate, cream, espresso, vanilla and salt in a medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted, 1 to 2 minutes. (Alternatively, see “No Microwave?” below.)
- Step 2 Pour the chocolate mixture into a serving bowl. Serve with fruit.
Equipment: Fondue forks or bamboo skewers
Kitchen Tip: If you don’t have an espresso maker, look for instant espresso powder at your supermarket.
No Microwave? Place chopped chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water. Gently stir until almost melted. Remove from the heat and stir until the chocolate melts completely.
Per Serving:347 calories; protein 3.6g 7% DV; carbohydrates 54.1g 17% DV; exchange other carbs 3.5; dietary fiber 7.4g 29% DV; sugars 36.3g; fat 18.8g 29% DV; saturated fat 10.5g 52% DV; cholesterol 20.5mg 7% DV; vitamin a iu 308.2IU 6% DV; vitamin c 65.4mg 109% DV; folate 35.9mcg 9% DV; calcium 29.4mg 3% DV; iron 0.6mg 3% DV; magnesium 37.5mg 13% DV; potassium 377.3mg 11% DV; sodium 81.3mg 3% DV; thiamin 0.1mg 9% DV; added sugar 19g.Exchanges:
2 Fruit, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 4 Fat