Cherry ice cream with semisweet chocolate chunks.By Deb C Ingredients 1 (12-ounce) package of frozen sweet…
Cherry Ice Cream
Delicious cherry ice cream! It’s a fabulous, dark shade of magenta and has a tart flavor that kids (and adults) will love. I have been experimenting with tart cherry juice, and I love this recipe! By HeidiLynn75
Decrease Serving4Increase Serving Adjust Original recipe yields 4 servings Ingredient Checklist
- ¼ cup cherry juice concentrate
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup frozen dark sweet cherries
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- Step 1 Place the cherry juice, milk, yogurt, and heavy cream into the bowl of a blender. Add the sugar, salt, cherries, and almond extract. Puree until only small bits of the cherries remain.
- Step 2 Pour into a 1 1/2 quart ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
Per Serving: 434 calories; protein 5.8g; carbohydrates 53.3g; fat 22.5g; cholesterol 83.1mg; sodium 85.9mg.
You may like
Frozen bananas and sweet dates make for a healthy, creamy Chocolate Breakfast Ice Cream you’ll love eating this! Ingredients 3 medium ripe bananas (about 3 cups/15 oz/426 g) ½ cup (2½ oz/71 g) Medjool…