Chickpeas are surprisingly fishy, and when they're mashed, taste a lot like tuna! Mix it…
Carrie’s Garlic Pesto Tuna Salad Sandwiches
I love creating new variations on tuna sandwiches. I made this for my husband’s lunch the other day, and he wanted them again for dinner that night! When I made this, I didn’t measure anything, just started throwing things in a bowl…adjust to your taste and enjoy!By Carrie Bile
- 2 (5 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 slices rye bread
- 8 leaves lettuce
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced
- Step 1 In a medium bowl, mix together tuna, mayonnaise, mustard, pesto, and garlic.
- Step 2 Make four sandwiches by layering tuna, lettuce, and tomato slices between slices of bread. Serve.
Per Serving: 342 calories; protein 23.8g; carbohydrates 34.6g; fat 11.9g; cholesterol 24mg; sodium 600.4mg.