Cajun prawn pizza
Quick Link to Healthy Eating Recipes : Breakfast | Dinner | Salad | Snack | Smoothies | Lunch | Low Fat | Quick Bites | Vegetarian | Vegan | Sauces | Kids Recipes | Desserts | Pancakes | Pizza | Salad Dressings | Cookies | Sandwiches
Visit us on Facebook : Tropical fish cafe please like, or join Tropical Fish Cafe Group if you are a foodie and into health and fitness.
Make a healthy, low-fat pizza with juicy, spiced prawns instead of calling the takeaway. Top with peppery rocket to make it even more nutritious and delicious.
By Sara Buenfel: BBB Good Food
For the base
- 200g wholemeal flour , plus a little for kneading if necessary
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil , plus extra greasing
For the topping
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil , plus extra for greasing
- 2 large sticks celery , finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper or green pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 225g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 165g pack raw, peeled king prawns
- 2-3 tbsp chopped coriander
- ½ – 1 tsp Cajun spice mix
- 2 handfuls rocket , optional
- STEP 1 Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Tip the flour into a mixer with a dough hook, or a bowl. Add the yeast, salt, oil and 150ml warm water then mix well to a soft dough. Knead in the food mixer for about 5 mins, but if making this by hand, tip onto a work surface and knead for about 10 mins. The dough is sticky, but try not to add too much extra flour. Leave in the bowl and cover with a tea towel while you make the topping. There is no need to prove the dough for a specific time, just let it sit while you get on with the next step.
- STEP 2 For the topping: heat the oil in a non-stick pan or wok. Add the celery and pepper and fry for 8 mins, stirring frequently, until softened. Tip in the tomatoes and paprika then cook for 2 mins more. Set aside to cool a little then stir in the prawns.
- STEP 3 With an oiled knife, cut the dough in half and shape each piece into a 25cm round with lightly oiled hands on oiled baking sheets. Don’t knead the dough first otherwise it will be too elastic and will shrink back. Spread each with half of the tomato and prawn mix then scatter with the coriander and sprinkle with the Cajun spice. Bake for 10 mins until golden. Serve with a green salad.