This festive holiday salad recipe features plenty of oven-roasted broccoli and cauliflower combined with massaged…
Broccoli & Grape Salad
An unlikely pairing of grapes and broccoli creates an out-of-the-ordinary quick side dish. The sweet snappy bite of the grapes complements the crispy raw broccoli and onion, while the creamy dressing and toasted almonds pull it all together. Enjoy it for lunch or double the recipe for an easy potluck recipe everyone will love.
- 3 ½ cups very small broccoli florets
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup whole-milk plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
- Step 1 Set a large bowl of ice water near the stove. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add broccoli and onion; cook until the broccoli is bright green and tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain; plunge the vegetables into the ice water. Let stand until chilled, about 2 minutes. Drain and pat very dry.
- Step 2 Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Fold in the broccoli mixture, grapes and almonds. Serve immediately.
To make ahead: Refrigerate salad and dressing separately in airtight containers for up to 1 day. Toss together just before serving.
Serving Size: About 1 CupPer Serving:196 calories; protein 5.1g 10% DV; carbohydrates 20.4g 7% DV; exchange other carbs 1.5; dietary fiber 2.9g 12% DV; sugars 15g; fat 11.7g 18% DV; saturated fat 1.9g 9% DV; cholesterol 6.4mg 2% DV; vitamin a iu 1899.1IU 38% DV; vitamin c 60.6mg 101% DV; folate 52.7mcg 13% DV; calcium 72.1mg 7% DV; iron 1mg 6% DV; magnesium 38.2mg 14% DV; potassium 380mg 11% DV; sodium 381mg 15% DV; thiamin 0.1mg 9% DV; added sugar 6g.Exchanges:
2 Fat, 1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fruit, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate