This easy broccoli salad is tossed in a creamy dressing and spiked with sweet cranberries, Cheddar cheese and toasty walnuts. This easy side is great for lunch–add shredded chicken to make it a main dish.
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- ¼ cup canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 5 ½ cups chopped broccoli florets (from 1 large head)
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion, rinsed under cold water
- ½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Step 1 Whisk buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper together in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in broccoli, cheese, onion, cranberries and walnuts. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours. Stir before serving.
To make ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
Serving Size: 1 CupPer Serving:221.1 calories; protein 5.7g 11% DV; carbohydrates 17.3g 6% DV; exchange other carbs 1; dietary fiber 2.8g 11% DV; sugars 12g; fat 15.6g 24% DV; saturated fat 3.2g 16% DV; cholesterol 14.3mg 5% DV; vitamin a iu 2102.9IU 42% DV; vitamin c 61.5mg 103% DV; folate 57.7mcg 14% DV; calcium 126.4mg 13% DV; iron 0.9mg 5% DV; magnesium 32.5mg 12% DV; potassium 293.5mg 8% DV; sodium 357mg 14% DV; thiamin 0.1mg 8% DV; added sugar 10g.