Serve these light pancakes with our Chunky Blueberry Sauce, maple syrup or honey. Sprinkling the…
Best Blueberry Pancakes
Serve with maple syrup, Lemon-Mint Cream or Blueberry Syrup.
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eaches large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- ¾ cup low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- Step 1 Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Step 2 Whisk eggs, cottage cheese, milk, lemon zest and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Step 3 Make a well in the dry ingredients; add wet ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Step 4 Moisten a crumpled paper towel with canola oil and use it to lightly oil a large nonstick skillet and heat over medium heat. Spoon on about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and cook until bottoms are golden and small bubbles start to form on top, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until the other side is browned, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Lightly oil pan between batches. (Adjust heat as necessary for even browning.) Serve hot.
Per Serving:232.6 calories; protein 10.8g 22% DV; carbohydrates 41.2g 13% DV; exchange other carbs 2.5; dietary fiber 1.9g 8% DV; sugars 19.1g; fat 2.7g 4% DV; saturated fat 1g 5% DV; cholesterol 65mg 22% DV; vitamin a iu 192.2IU 4% DV; vitamin c 5.7mg 9% DV; folate 16.9mcg 4% DV; calcium 103.1mg 10% DV; iron 1.7mg 9% DV; magnesium 16mg 6% DV; potassium 168.8mg 5% DV; sodium 627.4mg 25% DV; thiamin 0.2mg 19% DV.Exchanges:
2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Low-Fat Milk, 1/2 Fat