How To Make Banana and Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Jump To Healthy Eating Recipes : Breakfast | Dinner | Salad | Snack | Smoothies | Lunch | Low Fat | Quick Bites | Vegetarian | Vegan | Sauces | Kids Recipes | Desserts | Pancakes | Pizza | Salad Dressings | Sandwiches | Vegetable Salads | Energy Bars | Ice Cream | Coffee
This healthy whole-grain buttermilk pancake recipe adds mini-chocolate chips and mashed banana to the 100% whole-wheat flour base. If you want to experiment with different types of whole grains, replace up to 1/2 cup of the whole-wheat flour with cornmeal, oats and/or buckwheat flour. Or add extra fiber and healthy omega-3 fats by adding up to 3 tablespoons of ground flaxseed or chia seeds.
- 1 ½ cups white whole-wheat flour (see Tips)
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk (see Tips)
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2-3 medium)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Step 1 Whisk flour, chocolate chips, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Whisk egg, buttermilk, banana, oil, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients and whisk just until combined. Resist over mixing–it will make the pancakes tough.
- Step 2 Let the batter sit, without stirring, for 10 to 15 minutes. As the batter rests, the baking powder forms bubbles that create fluffy pancakes and the gluten in the flour relaxes to make them more tender.
- Step 3 Coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Without stirring the batter, measure out pancakes using about 1/4 cup batter per pancake and pour into the pan (or onto the griddle). Cook until the edges are dry and you see bubbles on the surface, 2 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, 2 to 4 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining batter, coating the pan with cooking spray and reducing the heat as needed.
Make Ahead Tip: To make ahead: The mixture of dry ingredients can be stored airtight for up to 1 month; the batter can be refrigerated for up to 1 day; cooked pancakes can be frozen airtight, in a single layer, for up to 3 months. Reheat in the microwave or oven.
White whole-wheat flour, made from a special variety of white wheat, is light in color and flavor but has the same nutritional properties as regular whole-wheat flour.
Storage tips : For long-term freezer storage, wrap your food in a layer of plastic wrap followed by a layer of foil. The plastic will help prevent freezer burn while the foil will help keep off-odours from seeping into the food.
Serving Size: 2 (4-Inch) Pancakes Per Serving:229.8 calories; protein 6.8g 14% DV; carbohydrates 36.3g 12% DV; exchange other carbs 2.5; dietary fiber 3.9g 16% DV; sugars 12.8g; fat 7.7g 12% DV; saturated fat 2.3g 12% DV; cholesterol 28.7mg 10% DV; vitamin a iu 83.8IU 2% DV; vitamin c 3.3mg 6% DV; folate 13.5mcg 3% DV; calcium 146.5mg 15% DV; iron 4.1mg 23% DV; magnesium 25.2mg 9% DV; potassium 269.8mg 8% DV; sodium 378.5mg 15% DV; thiaminmg 4% DV; added sugar 6g.Exchanges:
1 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Fruit, 1 1/2 Fat
LIGE 2023 New Smart Watch Men Full Touch Screen Sport Fitness Watch IP67 Waterproof Bluetooth For Android ios smartwatch Men+box – AliExpress – Color : Black – Ships From : SPAINbuy product
【New Medical Electrotherapy】 ECG Smart Watch for Men Blood Glucose Blood Pressure Body Temperature Healthy Smartwatch Women 2023 – AliExpress – Color : Blue – Ships From : China – Size : Lbuy product
【New Medical Electrotherapy】 ECG Smart Watch for Men Blood Glucose Blood Pressure Body Temperature Healthy Smartwatch Women 2023 – AliExpress – Color : Black – Ships From : China – Size : Lbuy product