Very rich French toast - can be made ahead of time.By SANDIPANTS Ingredients ½ cup unsalted…
Baked French Toast
Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs put the crunch into your French toast.By Kikkoman
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- ¾ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
- 8 slices dry white bread
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Maple syrup
- Step 1 Beat eggs together with milk, sugar and Vanilla extract in shallow bowl until well blended. Place panko in pie pan or shallow dish. Dip each bread slice into egg mixture, thoroughly coating both sides; then coat both sides of bread slices with bread crumbs. Place on large wire rack.
- Step 2 Add butter and oil into 17-1/4 x 11-1/2-inch jellyroll pan. Place pan in 400 degrees F. oven 1 to 2 minutes, or until butter melts. Remove pan from oven.
- Step 3 Place bread slices into pan, in single layer, turning over once to coat both sides of bread slices with butter mixture.
- Step 4 Return to oven and bake 15 minutes. Turn bread slices over and bake 10 minutes longer, or until golden brown.
- Step 5 Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Per Serving: 662 calories; protein 12.8g; carbohydrates 55.5g; fat 43.8g; cholesterol 206.6mg; sodium 609.7mg.