Bacon, avocado, and bacon on a spicy sandwich. Excellent for rushed cooks, small kitchens, and…
Bacon and Egg Breakfast Salad with Avocado Dressing
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon water, or as needed
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups fresh mixed greens, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Step 1 Combine avocado, lemon juice, Greek yogurt, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper in a small food processor. Pulse until mixture is smooth. Add water or milk to thin out dressing to desired consistency. Set aside.
- Step 2 Cook bacon in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat until crispy, about 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Allow to cool; crumble into small pieces.
- Step 3 Remove all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease from the skillet. Add eggs; cover and cook until whites are set and yolks are barely set, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4 Divide mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumber slices, and bacon crumbles between 2 plates. Drizzle in desired amount of avocado dressing. Top each salad with an egg. Serve immediately.
Substitute milk for the water if desired.
Protein: 18.8g38 %Carbohydrates: 21.2g7 %Dietary Fiber: 11.4g46 %Fat: 31.5g48 %Saturated Fat: 7.2g36 %Cholesterol: 208.6mg70 %Vitamin A Iu: 3901.1IU78 %Niacin Equivalents: 7.9mg61 %Vitamin B6: 0.6mg37 %Vitamin C: 63.9mg107 %Folate: 248.6mcg62 %Calcium: 129.5mg13 %Iron: 3.9mg22 %Magnesium: 84.8mg30 %Potassium: 1273mg36 %Sodium: 615.1mg25 %Thiamin: 0.3mg