How To Make Apple Ricotta Pancakes
Jump To Healthy Eating Recipes : Breakfast | Dinner | Salad | Snack | Smoothies | Lunch | Low Fat | Quick Bites | Vegetarian | Vegan | Sauces | Kids Recipes | Desserts | Pancakes | Pizza | Salad Dressings | Sandwiches | Vegetable Salads | Energy Bars | Ice Cream | Coffee
These healthy apple pancakes puff to perfection thanks to the right combination of ingredients, including a mixture of double-acting baking powder and baking soda (using both ensures the batter will spread out evenly and rise well. Ricotta cheese makes pancakes moister than using milk alone, and it packs nearly four times more protein than whole milk. Walnut oil is full of healthy fats and has a rich, nutty flavor, and white whole-wheat flour packs in more fiber than all-purpose flour. A bit of buttermilk adds a nice tang to these flapjacks. All in all, it adds up to a healthy breakfast that’s sure to impress.
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar plus 1 teaspoon, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium sweet, crisp apple (such as Honeycrisp)
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 teaspoons walnut oil
- Step 1 Whisk flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk egg, buttermilk, ricotta, 1 tablespoon sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Let stand until bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon sugar in a small bowl. Core apple and slice into eight 1/8-inch-thick rings (reserve the rest of the apple for another use).
- Step 3 Heat 1 teaspoon each butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 apple rings and cook until starting to soften, about 1 minute. Flip them over and spread 1/4 cup of the batter on each. Cook until bubbles form, 2 to 4 minutes. Flip the pancakes, sprinkle with some of the cinnamon-sugar and cook until golden on the bottom and cooked through, about 2 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining ingredients in 3 more batches, adjusting the heat as necessary to prevent burning.
Serving Size: 2 Pancakes Per Serving:342 calories; protein 13g 26% DV; carbohydrates 37.8g 12% DV; exchange other carbs 2.5; dietary fiber 4.3g 17% DV; sugars 12.2g; fat 16.2g 25% DV; saturated fat 7.4g 37% DV; cholesterol 82.8mg 28% DV; vitamin a iu 447.5IU 9% DV; vitamin c 2.7mg 5% DV; folate 16mcg 4% DV; calcium 250.8mg 25% DV; iron 4.7mg 26% DV; magnesium 16.5mg 6% DV; potassium 252.4mg 7% DV; sodium 447.6mg 18% DV.Exchanges:
2 Fat, 1 1/2 Starch, 1 Medium-Fat Protein, 1/2 Fruit, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate
LIGE 2023 New Smart Watch Men Full Touch Screen Sport Fitness Watch IP67 Waterproof Bluetooth For Android ios smartwatch Men+box – AliExpress – Color : Black – Ships From : SPAINbuy product
【New Medical Electrotherapy】 ECG Smart Watch for Men Blood Glucose Blood Pressure Body Temperature Healthy Smartwatch Women 2023 – AliExpress – Color : Blue – Ships From : China – Size : Lbuy product
【New Medical Electrotherapy】 ECG Smart Watch for Men Blood Glucose Blood Pressure Body Temperature Healthy Smartwatch Women 2023 – AliExpress – Color : Black – Ships From : China – Size : Lbuy product